Thursday, July 16, 2009

Little Treasures Found While Packing

Pictured to the left is my wife's Franklin Planner page for 18 November 2000. This was discovered last night as we sat up in the living room until midnight going through old papers that might be "pitched" in preparation for our move to Chicago.

Recorded with joy for posterity is a brief dinner table interchange between myself (L) and my first-born, a daughter (S), then just 27 months old. She was (and is!) an extraordinarily verbal child. While we found this is fairly common for girls, Carrie and I had marveled that we could actually have a conversation and reason with a child just a year-and-a-half old! Here at just over two, you can see that she has already developed a lively sense of verbal play, an ability that is blooming.

For those who cannot read the pictured text, here it is:

L to S: "Shall we pray?"
S: "No. I can't. I'm picking my nose."
L to S: "OK. Well, let us know when you're done picking your nose so we can pray."
S: "OK."

Joy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: